Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cinematic Inspiration; Lily Cole in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

The great part about being sick yesterday was catching up on some netflix that had been gathering dust on my desk. I guess I was on a Heath Ledger kick, because in addition to watching Candy (big thumbs up and highly recommend!), I also watched The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus (no link needed I presume, as everyone knows this as the late actor's last film). Wasn't so crazy about this as a movie, but in terms of costumes and makeup, it was a delight!

In the film, model Lily Cole plays the title character's daughter Valentina, and is a part of his stage act. Banish all cliches of models turned actresses, Ms. Cole was actually wonderful! And of course, a feast for the makeup-lover's eye:I love how she looks like a cross between a creepy porcelain doll and Marie Antoinette. But my ultimate favorite is this one:
Imagine trying to get away with a metallic cheek contour! And the dark lip is a perfect inspiration for the upcoming fall season, which is my favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment