Andrée from Straight Up Glam was kind enough to bestow upon my humble bit of cyberspace the Versatile Blogger Award. *\0/* Yay!
Thank you Andrée! I really appreciate it, and had a ton of fun answering the questions!
Here are the rules concerning this award:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Answer 10 questions
4. Pass it along to 7 beauty blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
5. Leave your recipient a note telling them about the award
7 Things About Me
1. My youngest half sibling is actually old enough to be my mother.
2. I went to a very small all-girl school from 7th to 12th grade, and get annoyed at anyone who says they feel sorry for me because I missed out on a "real" high school experience.
3. I majored in Japanese despite the fact that I really suck at learning languages.
4. The next language I want to attempt to not speak very well is Swedish.
5. The worst physical pain I've ever felt was when I had a parotid stone. And at the time I had a weird fear of taking prescription strength pain killers, so I tried to make due with just Tylenol.
6. I get very mushy over animals, but rarely babies.
7. I'm a Leo, so I'm loving all the attention I'm getting from you reading this.
1. Why did you create this blog?
I get super stressed out with my job, so I wanted something to do after I got home to take my mind off of it. I also really love reading makeup and fashion blogs, and I find the whole blogging and beauty community to be very kind and also very informative. Reading about someone's haul or monthly favorites has seriously become 10,000 times more fascinating to me than reading any fashion magazine.
2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?
Makeup ones of course, but more specifically ones that really involve the author's personality and life. While I do read blogs that are solely geared towards posting makeup collection release info, the ones I enjoy the most are those where I can see someone's personal tastes and style. I also really love foreign blogs, because I get to vicariously travel through them!
Otherwise I'm a huge celeb gossip blog devotee. If a day goes by where I don't read dlisted.com, I go through withdrawls.
3. Favorite makeup brand?
It used to be MAC, but it turns out that was just a gateway drug to the higher end goods. I'm now completely obsessed with Chanel, and just got a few things from their spring collection.
4. Favorite Clothing Brand?
For what I can actually afford, it's H&M, Ann Taylor Loft and this random clothing brand called Chelsea + Violet, which is sold at Dillards (it's very Anthropologie-esque without the Anthropologie prices). If I had the big bucks, I would go crazy buying Anna Sui and Erin Fetherston.
5. Your indispensable makeup product?
Urban Decay 24/7 liners, and also Benefit Brow Zings in medium.
6. Favorite Color?
7. Favorite Perfume?
Currently it's Estee Lauder's Sensuous Noir
8. Favorite Film?
Ghost World and Watchmen. Basically I hate dumb super hero movies and love clever graphic novel adaptations.
I also adore period piece films, and my favorite of those is Bright Star, with Ben Whishaw and Abbie Cornish, who is just amazing.
9. What country would you like to visit and why?
New Zealand, since Lord of the Rings was filmed there and I thought the scenery was just amazing.
10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
Mascara, since my lashes are black and mascara doesn't really show on them anyway.
7 Awesome Blogs I Love to Read and You Should Check Out:
Cute and the Mundane (She's definitely made me think more about the issues of animal cruelty in cosmetics)
Miss Diorista (In addition to great haul posts, you should see how this girl can cook!! She needs to open a cafe, and I need to fly to Iceland to eat there)
Five by Five (She needs a separate award for the most updates in a day! And every one of them is extremely substantive and informative)
Amy Couture (Great blogger and youtuber!)
Princess GYC (Her blog is super kawaii!)
She is Raving Mad (Gorgeous FOTD posts)
Glossed in Translation (How cute is that title?! She's studying abroad in Japan like I did, so reading her blog brings back some good memories).
1 week ago