Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's in My Makeup Bag: Late Winter Edition

One of my favorite types of posts to read on other people's blogs, aside from haul posts, is the "what's in my bag" post. Since I change out my purse almost every other day, I thought I'd do a "what's in my makeup bag" post instead. I did a group shot of all the items above, but I've broken everything down one by one below:

Pocketo Target collection bag

I totally fell in love this this, because it not only features owls (my third favorite animal), but a deer in a snug winter hat with dangly poofs! Whimsy rules!

Toki Doki mints from Sephora

To be honest, I only purchased these because I needed an item for $5 in order to qualify for free shipping. The taste isn't bad, it has a touch a sweetness to it rather than being and out and out mentholy. The tin is adorable, and it comes with a little mirror inside, but unfortunately the mirror is already starting to fall out. But once the mints are done, I plan to save it and use it for other things - maybe I'll turn it into a pill case.

The next item is my contact lens drops - not bothering to
take a close-up of it, for obvious reasons. I have dry eyes, particularly in the winter. Sometimes my contacts would fall right out if I didn't have this solution with me!

Chanel Patchouli Rouge Coco & Pleasing Glossimer

These are both from the 2010 Chanel Holiday Collection, and they've become my everyday lippies because they are both so versatile. Pleasing is a metallic burgundy, and Patchouli (I'm endlessely amused that high-end Chanel has a lipstick named after a fragrance that is a hippie cliche!) is also a shimmery brown burgundy. I'm starting to develop a dangerous addiction to Chanel!
Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream

I bought this during my last trip to Vegas, because I left my other hand cream at home. This was one of the items they keep in the bins in the Sephora check-out line. It's now one of my staples - in addition to being moisturizing, it has a lovely (and light!) fruity scent.

Also in my makeup bag, but not shown:

*Almay salicylic acid touch up powder.
Unfortunately the white "A" that is on the compact has started to look kind of grimy, so I thought I'd spare you all the ugliness. I'm always on the lookout for blot or touch-up powder, so if you have any recs, let me know!

*Ecotools Retractable Powder brush
To use with above Almay compact.

*Xanax
AKA my lifesaver. More than anything else in my bag, I will freak the spork out if I leave my xanies at home.

That's it for now, what are some of your favorite daily makeup bag staples?

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! I know what you mean about your xanax! I'm asthmatic and, even though I haven't had a full on attack (thankfully), I HAVE to have my inhaler on me at all times! I have a total panic attack if I don't have it with me and then I can't breathe and it gets all messy!
    I actually just cleaned my purse out so maybe I'll make one of these posts as well! :)
    That makeup bag is adorable! The deer in the hat! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caved and bought some Chanel for the 1st time the other day--- I know what you mean about dangerous addiction =P

    PS the bag is so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see a post on what's in your purse PrettyintheDesert! And oh my goodness, I can imagine how scary it would be accidentally leave your inhaler at home. I hope you continue to not suffer any attacks!

    Dovey girl, you've been holding out on me! What did you get from Chanel? I want details :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff! I feel like what's in MY bag is boring, but I like to see what other people have! lol


    www.beautyblogxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Just wanted to pop by and let you know that I'm giving you the Verstile Blogger Award! Congratulations!
    Click here for details :)

    ReplyDelete