Thursday, November 18, 2010

NARS Junkie Sephora Set


My internet is having a moment of uninterrupted connectivity, so I will take advantage of this time to post my new(ish) NARS goodies.

Junkie is an appropriate name for this set, for if I'm a junkie for any brand, it's NARS. On those makeupalley polls that pose the question, "If you could only wear one makeup brand for the rest of your life, what would it be?" I always answer "NARS
." So far, it's really the only brand that I could literally pick something from each category, and be satisfied with each product. Though I buy a lot more from MAC, there are many products from that line (foundation, for example), that I avoid. Now having enough money to buy everything from NARS? Ya, not so much happening for me now.

Which is why this set is so great - it gives you a bit of everything, in amounts that are somewhere between sample and full-sized. For m
e, the siren call of this set was really the eyeshadow palette:
(Top row, left to right = Unconditional Love, Night Star, Galapagos
Bottom row, left to right = Nepal, Ondine, Thunderball)

I was so excited about this, because I never buy NARS single eyeshadows on their own. They are a bit pricey at $23, even though you get a lot of product for the money. My problem is that I have a hard enough time finishing a $14 MAC eyeshadow single, let alone a NARS-sized one.

Also in this set are a lipgloss and multiple:The lipgloss is in Ophelia, the multiple is in Orgasm (of course, it's their favorite shade to promote). The lip gloss is actually full size, which is great, because lipgloss is one product I use up easily! And Ophelia is a beautiful color, a soft, warm pink. I think it will look nice with paired with the new Melusine duo.

The set also comes with a mini Laguna bronzer, which is about the size of a regular sized NARS eyeshadow single. No pictures though, because I swapped it away - bronzers have never really been my thing.

That's all for now folks, happy Friday!


2 comments:

  1. I love the lighter colors in the palette! However, I'm not much a of a bronzer-type either so the Laguna didn't have much a of a draw for me.

    I've heard that NARS lip glosses are drying / non moisturizing --- have you experienced that at all? NARS' gloss colors are lovely, but I'm always worried about that since I have really dry lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, NARS glosses aren't my favorite for that reason. I had one in Giza a long time ago and I ended up ditching it for something more moisturizing . Fortunately this one seems to be different, at least thus far. I'll report back after I've tried it out for a full week! :-)

    ReplyDelete